What is enzalutamide?
Enzalutamide is use to treat prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of the body in men and who have been helped by certain medical and surgical treatments that decrease testosterone levels. Xtandi 40mg for sale.
It is also used to treat prostate cancer in men who have not been helped by certain medical and surgical treatments that decrease testosterone levels.
Warnings and precautions Xtandi 40mg for sale.
Seizures were reported in 4 in every 1,000 people taking Xtandi, and fewer than one in every 1,000 people taking placebo (see ‘Other medicines and Xtandi’ below and section 4 ‘Possible side effects’).
If you are taking a medicine that can cause seizures or that can increase the susceptibility for having seizures (see ‘Other medicines and Xtandi’ below)
If you have a seizure during treatment: Xtandi 40mg for sale.
See your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may decide that you should stop taking Xtandi.
Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES)
There have been rare reports of PRES, a rare, reversible condition involving the brain, in patients treated with Xtandi. If you have a seizure, worsening headache, confusion, blindness or other vision problems, please contact your doctor as soon as possible. (See also section 4 ‘Possible side effects’).
Talk to your doctor before taking Xtandi
- If you are taking any medicines to prevent blood clots (e.g. warfarin, acenocoumarol, clopidogrel) you use chemotherapy like docetaxel, you have problems with your liver and also if you have problems with your kidneys
Please tell your doctor if you have any of the following:
Any heart or blood vessel conditions, including heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia), or are being treat with medicines for these conditions. The risk of heart rhythm problems may be increased when using Xtandi.
Once any of the above applies to you or you are not sure, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Children and adolescents
This medicine is not for use in children and adolescents.
If you are allergic to enzalutamide, this may result in a rash or swelling of the face, tongue, lip or throat and also if you are allergic to enzalutamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine, do not take Xtandi.
Other medicines and Xtandi
Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. You need to know the names of the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show to your doctor when you are prescribe a new medicine. You should not start or stop taking any medicine before you talk with the doctor that prescribed Xtandi.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines. When taken at the same time as Xtandi, these medicines may increase the risk of a seizure:
- Certain medicines used to treat asthma and other respiratory diseases (e.g. aminophylline, theophylline).
- Medicines used to treat certain psychiatric disorders such as depression and schizophrenia (e.g. clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, ziprasidone, bupropion, lithium, chlorpromazine, mesoridazine, thioridazine, amitriptyline, desipramine, doxepin, imipramine, maprotiline, mirtazapine).
- Certain medicines for the treatment of pain (e.g. pethidine).
Tell your doctor if you are taking the following medicines. These medicines may influence the effect of Xtandi, or Xtandi may influence the effect of these medicines.
It might interfere with some medicines used to treat heart rhythm problems (e.g. quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone and sotalol) or might increase the risk of heart rhythm problems when used with some other medicines (e.g. methadone, used for pain relief and part of drug addiction detoxification), moxifloxacin (an antibiotic), antipsychotics used for serious mental illnesses).
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the medicines listed above. The dose of Xtandi or any other medicines that you are taking may need to be changed.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
Xtandi is not for use in women.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn child or potential loss of pregnancy if taken by women who are pregnant. It must not be taken by women who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or who are breast-feeding.
- This medicine could possibly have an effect on male fertility.
- If you are having sex with a woman who can become pregnant, use a condom and another effective birth control method, during treatment and for 3 months after treatment with this medicine. If you are having sex with a pregnant woman, use a condom to protect the unborn child.
- Female caregivers see section 3 ‘How to take Xtandi’ for handling and use.
Driving and using machines
This medicine has moderate effect on your ability to drive or use any tools or machines as the side effects of Xtandi include psychiatric and neurological events including seizure. If you are at higher risk of seizures, talk to your doctor.
Xtandi contains sorbitol
This medicine contains 57.8 mg sorbitol (a type of sugar) per soft capsule. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
How to take Xtandi
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor if you are not sure. Xtandi 40mg for sale.
The usual dose is 160 mg (four soft capsules), at the same time once a day.